Eat Well to Excel – Who Are We?
Eat Well to Excel, the Simcoe County Nutrition Program for School-Age Children, is a non-profit organization that supports volunteer run breakfast clubs, nutritious snack and lunch programs in over 185 schools in Simcoe County.
Solid research shows that children can’t learn to their full potential when they are hungry or badly nourished. That’s where we come in.
The nutrition programs we guide and help to fund are run by dedicated volunteers – parents, seniors, neighbours, faith-group members, teachers, principals and students.
Currently, more than 500 volunteers prepare and serve nutritious meals to over 70,000 children daily in Simcoe County.
Steering Committee Members
- Carolyn Robinson, Chair
- Jackie Kavanagh, Rep for SCDSB
- Rita England, Rep for SCDSB
- Karen Martin, Coordinator for Simcoe South
- Nicole Hawke, Coordinator for Simcoe North
- Karen Penrose, Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board
- Melody Northrup, Simcoe County District School Board
- Jody Dawson, Public Health Dietitian
- Dave A. White, Innisfil Resident
- Carla Dermott, United Way Community Impact Specialist
- John Morrison – United Way Director, Finance and Operations